LA LA Paper Love


I went through my photo drawer the other day and was happy to find some older photos and decided they needed some paper love asap!
I remember taking that photo above from the 'that time' layout of my kids during a snack break last summer.  It's still one of my favourite non posed shots of them.   When I see the photo I can see their personalities ... the best big sister around assisting her little brother getting the last bit of yoghurt and him embracing the attention.

This layout is as simple as they come. 
My own lettering for the title. 
The numbers are the rub ons from Heidi Swapp.
And then one of my favourite combos :  Black and white .. not just the photo but the paper as well.
Super simple.


Another old photo from last summer combined with a little black, a little white and a little red.
I mentioned in this post about spending less money on paper these days but couldn't resist some goods from Studio Calico's July project life kit and these layouts continue to use bits and pieces from that. 



I guess I was on a 'happy' kick with these layouts because I titled the one above 'Happy Is'.

I mean the words are on the patterned paper and it kind of resonated with my smile in the photo and the way I feel when I look at my goofy girl trying to make a funny face.

I purchased zero of the large 12x12 patterned paper in my latest splurge.  The 6x6 paper pad was the only patterned paper I had to play with and that is where that cloud paper is from.
It's super cute as is but I had to a little extra to it and a little gold pen and paint added the extra bit of 'happy' for me.

No comments: